Hillary Clinton. biography
NAME:Hillary Clinton BIRTH DATE:October 26, 1947 (Age: 66) PLACE OF BIRTH:Chicago, Illinois
She married Bill Clinton in October 1975 in Arkansas. The two of them were interested in politics. Bill became governor of Arkansas in 1978. With Hillary by his side, Bill's political career ascended to the presidency in 1992. Hillary served as first lady from 1993 to 2001.
As her time in the White House was coming to an end, Hillary decided to run for the vacant senate seat in the state of New York, defeating Rick Lazio in November 2000. Hillary proved to be an effective legislator and was favored to capture the democratic nomination for president in 2008.
She was defeated by Barack Obama after a long and grueling campaign. Hillary received more votes than any women in American history. Her presidential aspirations will have to wait at least four more years and likely eight.
Did you know…
- She used to be a republican
- She was class president in high school
- She is the first female senator from the state of New York
- She won a Grammy in 1997 for her spoken word album
- She was inducted in National Women's Hall of Fame in 2005
- She was the Honorary President of the Girls Scouts of America