If you are not familiar with
Henry Cavill, let me have the pleasure of introducing you to the hottie. Why is Henry relevant- Not only is he super hot, but he’s also snagged the role of Superman in the new film directed by Zack Snyder.
Here are a few things you probably didn’t know about the British import.
- He was born on the island of Jersey in the Channel Islands, the fourth of five boys. He attended boarding school in England.
- His breakthrough performance was on Showtime’s The Tudors where he took on the role of the sexy Duke, Charles Brandon. If you have not seen the show, you should consider renting it because you will fall in love with Cavill and his character.
- The 27-year-old was born May 5, 1983. That makes him a Taurus. Taurus men are sexy, funny and down to earth. The Taurus man is perfect for those looking for a balanced and "real" partner. He is dependable, patient, sensible and reliable - while at the same time enjoying an unmatched level of sensuality and humor. Basically, he will be the perfect husband so ladies keep a look out for Cavill.
- Henry is single at the moment (yay!). Back in 2007, he dated The Biggest Loser trainer, Jillian Michaels. She's now into girls.
- Henry's dream role is to play Alexander the Great. If one thing’s clear it’s that Henry loves those period pieces.
- Robert Pattinson has beaten him twice for a role. Was Henry aspiring to be Edward Cullen- Yup! He was the top choice to play Edward in the Twilight series. He lost the part because by the time the movie came to fruition Henry Cavill was 25 years old and did not look young enough. He was also in the running for the role of Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
- He’s been given the title “the most unlucky man in Hollywood". Cavill has always come close to snagging leading parts, but was always beat out by someone else. He missed out on the roles of Batman and James Bond to Christian Bale and Daniel Craig respectively. He was unlucky until he snagged the role of Superman. That title is no more!
- He's a fan of languages: Rumor has it that Cavill speaks between four and nine languages. Not only are English, French, Spanish and Italian on the list, he's rumored to be pretty good at Russian and even Nepalese. A sexy guy with brains- Could we ask for anything else-
- He had to fight for his role as Superman: It's no secret that the part of Superman in Snyder's reboot was one of the most sought-after roles around. Jon Hamm, True Blood's Joe Manganiello, Social Network's Armie Hammer, Matthew Goode were all interested in the part that Cavill nailed.