We guess guinea pigs are a force to be reckoned with! Disney’s G-Force has just knocked Harry Potter off his broomstick to win the weekend box office!
G-Force drew in over $32 million in its debut weekend, sending Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince to the No. 2 spot. Potter still managed to bring in $30 million in their second week, but its numbers were 60% less than their opening weekend.
Here are the top ten films for the weekend of July 24-26:
1. G-Force: $32 million
2. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince: $30 million
3. The Ugly Truth: $27 million
4. Orphan: $12.7 million
5. Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs: $8.2 million
6. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen: $8 million
7. The Hangover: $6.5 million
8. The Proposal: $6.4 million
9. Public Enemies: $4.1 million
10. Bruno: $2.7 million