We had high hopes for Drew Barrymore’s directorial debut Whip It! this weekend, but a bunch of zombies were the big winners at the box office!
Zombieland, starring Woody Harrelson, took the top spot, raking in $25 million this weekend. And fellow Sony picture Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs took second place with $16.7 million! And that was its third week in theaters!
Unfortunately for Drew, Whip It! didn’t even make the top five. Here are the top ten movies for the October 2-4 weekend:
1. Zombieland $25 million
2. Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs $16.7 million
3. Toy Story and Toy Story 2 3-D $12.5 million
4. The Invention of Lying $7.35 million
5. Surrogates $7.34 million
6. Whip It! $4.8 million
7. Capitalism: A Love Story $4.8 million
8. Fame $4.75 million
9. The Informant! $3.8 million
10. Love Happens $2.7 million