Rehab and celebrity are about as closely associated as peanut butter and jelly, but for some stars, their rehab stints actually stick. Forget the Lindsay Lohans and Charlie Sheens of the world, these are the stars who did rehab successfully. They got their act together and possibly, maybe contribute to society now.
1. Demi Lovato: Demi Lovato went to rehab in November of 2010 before she had even turned 18. She was reportedly doing cocaine, cutting herself, was bulimic, anorexic and drinking a lot. By 19, she was fully rehabbed.
2. Keith Urban: Keith Urban checked into rehab for alcoholism just four months after marrying Nicole Kidman in October 2006. She apparently didn’t know he was abusing cocaine and alcohol and Keith said he feared he would ruin his new marriage. “She really should’ve just walked. I’m just glad she didn’t.”
3. Ben Affleck: Back in 2001, when Ben Affleck was just 29 he went to Promises for alcoholism. Charlie Sheen actually drove him there.
4. Robert Downey Jr.: Robert Downey Jr. had several drug related arrests in 1996; he got high and snuck into someone’s hotel room. Yah. But by 2001 his behavior was costing him film jobs, his wife left him, and he faced more arrests. He checked into rehab and claims to be clean since 2003.
5. Rob Lowe: After a decade of partying and a sex tape scandal, Rob Lowe realized in 1990 he needed to go to rehab for alcoholism. He hasn’t touched a drink since.
6. Drew Barrymore: In 1988 at the ripe age of 13, Drew Barrymore checked into rehab for cocaine abuse and alcoholism. She ended up in rehab again the following year. By the time she was an adult she was fully rehabbed.
7. Nicole Richie: Right after filming the first season of “The Simple Life” Nicole was required to go to rehab in connection with her heroin possession charges and went to rehab again in 2006 for being too skinny.
8. Catherine Zeta-Jones: Catherine Zeta-Jones went to rehab for 5 days in April 2011 to treat her Bipolar II disorder.
9. Steven Tyler: Steven Tyler has been to rehab five times, most recently in January 2012 for an addiction to painkillers. He says he has no intention of hitting the drugs again as it ruined many things in his life.
10. Eva Mendes: Back in February 2008, Eva Mendes went to Cirque Lodge in Utah at the same time as Lindsay Lohan to attend to “personal issues,” that were reportedly “not critical.” She adamantly denied she was there to treat a cocaine addiction.