After a seven-week reign at the box office, Avatar has finally been knocked off its throne.
Tearjerker Dear John, starring Amanda Seyfried and Channing Tatum, took the number one spot at the box office this weekend.
Dear John pulled in $32.4 million in ticket sales, with Avatar falling short with only $23.6 million. But to date, the James Cameron flick has banked $631 million in North America since its December open -- beating Cameron's prior record with Titanic.
It had to happen at some point! But they had quite the impressive run during these last few weeks! Here are the top ten movies from the February 5-7 weekend:
1. Dear John: $32.4 million
2. Avatar: $23.6 million
3. From Paris With Love: $8.1 million
4. Edge of Darkness: $7 million
5. Tooth Fairy: $6.5 million
6. When in Rome: $5.5 million
7. The Book of Eli: $4.8 million
8. Crazy Heart: $3.6 million
9. Legion: $3.4 million
10. Sherlock Holmes: $2.6 million