When Letterman asked Obama about Jimmy Carter’s claim that racism is behind a lot of recent political attacks, Obama joked, “It’s important to realize that I was actually black before the election.”
Considering he had such a high profile guest, Letterman dedicated his Top Ten list to the man of the hour.
The Top Ten Reasons Barack Agreed to Appear on Dave’s Show:
10. Heard the lady with the heart shaped potato was gonna be here.
9. Thought it would be fun to watch someone else get heckled.
8. Something to do with that whole Cash For Clunkers deal.
7. Every president since Teddy Roosevelt has done it.
6. Someone offers you 600 bucks, you take it ladies and gentlemen.
5. We told him Megan Fox would be here.
4. Needed some time to hang out before check-in time at his hotel.
3. I have no idea.
2. Said yes, without thinking, like Bush did with Iraq.
1. Wanted to congratulate Dave on the big Emmy win. (Jon Stewart actually took home the award).