These days David Beckham is known as a flawless individual with a refined sartorial taste. But, here’s a friendly reminder that things weren’t always this way.
You may know him as the former international soccer icon who routinely kills it in a suit.
Or the model of his own underwear line at H&M.
But let’s take a skip down memory lane, proving he’s only recently found his way through a shopping complex.
1. First of all, this du-rag:
2. These socks in slippers:
3. The fade on his mustache:
4. This ensemble in its entirety:
Faded, baggy jeans. Silver Adidas. His “I Kiss Football” sweatshirt designed by a ransom letter writer.
5. When he channeled the vampire Lestat:
Dude, that’s a lot of velvet.
6. This baggy sweatsuit:
7. These 50 shades of drab brown:
8. When he went “bold” in cornrows, taking them to a new “epic” level:
9. The time he borrowed his whole look from Fabio:
10. These proportions, and that beanie:
11. Another sweatsuit:
12. This safari-inspired, 1940s Indiana Jones two-seat pilot getup:
13. His ill-fitting penchant for suits that made him look like he was about to sell you life insurance: