Four prescription pill bottles were found at
Corey Haim's apartment at the time of his death, Los Angeles Coroner assistant chief Ed Winter confirms.
"There were no illicit drugs found at the residence. There were four prescription bottles taken," Winter told Us Weekly. Details on the prescriptions have not yet been released, but Winter says they were "just normal prescriptions."
"The Los Angeles Police Department reported it was a possible drug overdose, but we've seen no signs of foul play at this time," Winter continues. "It's pending an autopsy and toxicology."
Winter also says that Haim woke up early Wednesday morning and he was not feeling well. "His mother was with him. He got up. He felt weak, and she helped him on to the bed. She called paramedics."
The paramedics arrived to the house and Haim was still alive. He was transported to the hospital where he was pronounced dead at 2:15 a.m.."
Haim was reportedly sick with flu-like symptoms for the last few days and Winter says that he was "not in bad shape."
Haim suffered from drug addiction for years. He had even confirmed that he was taking 85 pills a day at one point in his life.
"I lived in Los Angeles in the '80s, which was not the best place to be," Haim said. "I did cocaine for about a year and a half, then it led to crack."
After that, he claimed that he got hooked on pills. "The doctors could not believe I was taking that much," he told The Sun at the time. "And that was just the Valium -- I'm not talking about the other pills I went through."
Very sad. RIP Corey Haim!