Looks like Conan O'Brien is getting forced off NBC. A source close to the late night host tells People that his last night will likely be next Friday, January 22nd.
"Conan does not currently plan on doing any more new shows after next week,” said the insider. NBC has yet to comment, but it’s clear they and Conan are not seeing eye to eye.
Earlier in the week, O’Brien said, "I cannot participate in what I honestly believe is [The Tonight Show's] destruction.”
We expect the network to release some sort of statement in response to Conan threatening to leave the show. But at this point, it doesn’t look good.
It’s terrible that this had to happen just months after Conan leaving his original hosting gig in New York. Stay tuned for the next chapter of the saga!
Update: NBC President Jeff Zucker is not happy with Conan’s stance on the possible time change. In fact, he now wants to punish him buy reportedly suspending Conan! His rep says, "Zucker said, 'I'll keep you off the air for 3 1/2 years.’”