Cate Blanchett. biography
NAME:Cate Blanchett BIRTH DATE:May 14, 1969 (Age: 44) PLACE OF BIRTH:Melbourne, Australia
Academy-award winning actress Cate Blanchett was born on May 14, 1969 in Melbourne, Australia. After graduating from Australia's National Institute of Dramatic Art in 1992, Cate joined the Sydney Theatre Company where she earned critical acclaim for her performances in Kafka Dances and Oleanna.
Cate made the successful transition to the big screen. Her first high-profile role came as Elizabeth I. Blanchett earned an Academy Award nomination for her work. She has gone on to star in many hits like The Aviator, Lord of the Rings, Babel and Notes on a Scandal.
Most recently, she earned a Golden Globe for her role in I'm Not There and starred opposite Harrison Ford in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Skull.
Did you know…
- She spent her honeymoon in Italy
- She has been nominated for five Academy Awards, winning one
- She wears a size six shoe
- Her father was a Naval officer
- She has three children with husband Andrew Upton
- She is the face of the luxury skin care brand SK-II