Actor Casey Affleck is a few days away from what might be the biggest day of his life. Casey has received his first time Oscar nomination for best actor in a supporting role for “The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford."
In the film Casey plays Robert Ford, a young outlaw and the brother of a member of the James Gang, whose obsessive idolatry of Jesse James turns to violence.
We all know Casey is a superb actor, especially with his role as Patrick Kenzie in 'Gone Baby Gone, but did you know the following? Here are some quick facts about one of our favorite nominated actors of this year.
- Casey Affleck was born August 12, 1975 in Falmouth, Massachusetts.
- Has a famous brother/actor/director Ben Affleck.
- Affleck married Summer Phoenix (sister of Joaquin Phoenix) fellow actress and girlfriend of six years, on June 3, 2006. The couple has two sons.
- Affleck is a Vegan and is involved with many animal rights movements.
- This coming Sunday, Casey Affleck will go up against Javier Bardem, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Hal Holbrook and Tom Wilkinson.