The official movie lineup for the 62nd annual Cannes Film Festival has been announced! They’re calling this year’s competition a battle of the directors, as several high-profile filmmakers are battling it out. They include: 2009 sees a string of high profile directors all fighting it out for the top prize. Quentin Tarantino, Ken Loach, Ang Lee, Pedro Almadovar and Michael Haneke.
Opening the annual fest, held at the Palais des Festivals et des Congres in France on May 13th, is Pete Docter and Bob Peterson-directed animation Up, while closing the festival is Jan Kounen's Coco Chanel & Igor Stravinsky.
Here is the lineup for the films “in competition,” and click here for the full list of films at this year’s festival.
* "Broken Embraces", Pedro Almodovar
* "Fish Tank", Andrea Arnold
* "A Prophet", Jacques Audiard
* "Vincere", Dir: Marco Bellocchio
* "Bright Star", Jane Campion
* "In the Beginning", Xavier Giannoli
* "Map of the Sounds of Tokyo", Isabel Coixet
* "The White Ribbon", Michael Haneke
* "Taking Woodstock", Ang Lee
* "Looking for Eric", Ken Loach
* "Spring Fever", Lou Ye
* "Kinatay", Brillante Mendoza
* "Enter The Void", Gasper Noe
* "Thirst", Park Chan-wook
* "Les Herbes Foilles", Alain Resnais
* "The Time That Remains", Elia Suleiman
* "Inglourious Basterds", Quentin Tarantino
* "Vengeance", Johnnie To
* "Face", Tsai Ming-liang
* "Antichrist", Lars von Trier