Brittany Murphy's husband Simon Monjack was found "unresponsive" in the bedroom of his Hollywood home last night and now law enforcement sources are saying it was a possible drug overdose.
There was a ton of prescription drugs found on his nightstand, most of the which were the same prescription drugs found when Brittany passed away.
Los Angeles County Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter said: "There were some prescription drugs found that belonged to Mr. Monjack, and we'll have an ongoing investigation.
"Cause of death is pending, and there will be an autopsy after a day or so, and pending toxicology reports, we'll be releasing the results after we get all those tests back. The family is devastated at this time, and it is under investigation."
According to the coroner, Simon’s body was found in the master bedroom and there “were no illicit drugs location – just prescription medications."
Brittany’s mother Sharon Murphy found Simon’s body, just five months after she discovered Brit's body. Poor thing! Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family during this difficult time.