From multiple rehab visits to psych wards, Britney Spears' life has been a downward spiral the past few years. Britney appeared to be on top of the world just a few years ago, but
new details about Britney's life were revealed in the new issue of Rolling Stone magazine, and they're not pretty! Here are some highlights from the article:
- When Britney was a teenager, her mother Lynne, allowed her to get her boobs done. But after she went through with the surgery, “she regretted the implants, particularly because her chest was still growing,” a friend says. “When her natural breasts became larger, she had the implants removed.” But Spears kept the surgery a secret. Adds the friend, “When other girls did their boobs [they admitted it] and moved on, but Britney was brought up to lie about herself.”
- Britney never had a relationship with her father Jamie, mostly because of his past drinking problem. “It was upsetting for Britney Spears to be around her dad,” a pal tells Rolling Stone. “He came backstage one night, and he was wasted. She was devastated. Britney would tell friends that her father was emotionally abusive.”
- In the 1990's, when Britney's career was just beginning to take off, she was bribed to work around the clock. “If she didn’t want to come out of the trailer, the label would come to me saying, ‘Please talk to Britney, make sure she performs, and we’ll take you on a shopping spree,’” a close friend says. Adds her former driver: “We would wake Britney up at 6 a.m., and she’d work on a video for three or four days straight for 20 hours a day.”
- Throughout her career, she lobbied “ to appear sluttier,” the magazine claims, to appear more mature. “Every girl in America was wearing crop tops and booty shorts, and Britney felt like she was being held back,” says a friend. “She would joke about wanting to do videos topless.”
- She reportedly began sleeping with Wade Robson around the time of the 2001 VMAs. “In February 2002, Timberlake discovered a ... note from Robson in Britney’s room. Britney and Timberlake were performing on Saturday Night Live that night, and they sat backstage miserable — he refused to accept her apologies,” an insider says. “The breakup was a terrible shock, particularly as it was followed by Britney’s parents divorce two months later.”
- Britney’s 2002 split from Justin Timberlake devastated her. “Justin had his head screwed on so straight... He became the great force in her life, but it started a pattern — she began to look for guys to help her get away from the people who could control her,” an insider says.
- Britney’s original concept for her 2004 video “Everytime”: “To die in an overflowing bathtub with pills and booze strewn around, and get reincarnated as a baby,” a source says. But Spears’ label objected, and she refused to shoot initially. “Finally, Britney agreed to do it, but first she said, ‘I need three Red Bulls, and call my doctor,’” the insider says. The video, which co-starred bad boy actor Stephen Dorff, ended up featuring her running away from the paparazzi before drowning in a bathtub.
- During a January 13 shopping trip to Betsey Johnson in Sherman Oaks, California with her pap boyfriend Adnan Ghalib, Britney threw a fit after her black AMEX was declined. She screamed, “F—k those b---ches! These idiots can’t do anything right!” in a “base animalistic shriek only heard at family member’s deathbed,” an insider says. She then threw “a big bottle of soda on the floor…on piles of discarded merchandise,” before changing into a new shirt, throwing her old one on the floor, and storming out.
- On the same day while walking through the mall, a fan asked for a picture and Britney didn't take it too well. Britney turned to Ghalib and screamed, “‘I don’t want her talking to me! Then she whips around and stares the girl deep in the eyes, her lips almost vibrating with anger. ‘I don’t know who you think I am, b-tch … but I’m not that person.’”
- Sam Lutfi told Rolling Stone magazine that he is planning a tell all. “You know, this is so much more than a magazine article — we’ve been doing dictation, she’s been telling me her story, and I’ve been writing it all down. It would make a great book!” Lutfi says.