"That sounded really great…I think."
Britney Spears made her first live appearance as a judge on “The X Factor” Wednesday night. And some viewers—apparently watching the episode through a magnifying glass—noticed that the “Oops…I Did it Again” singer was wearing earplugs underneath her golden locks.
For a person who is being paid $15 million to critique people’s voices with lines like “you're really off key, it's just...not sung on key," you would think that earplugs are one accessory Brit might leave behind in the dressing room.
As kooky as this may be, here are five other facts that you may not know about “The X Factor.” Grab a fork and dig in:
5. House Rules: Some of y’all might have already read the reports of the insane “X Factor” house rules that live-in contestants must abide by. But, due to the severe madness that these laws seem to be based on, they’re worth mentioning again.
Among the long and peculiar list are such regulations as: no intermingling in bedrooms, coasters must be used WITH ALL DRINKS, no loud music, and—most importantly—no biting.
“Biting. That’s a new rule,” said judge Simon Cowell during a FOX press call on Tuesday. “I think there was a lot of biting last year. So, that was probably introduced this year.”
4. Kim K’s Ex and Khloe Reunite: Drama is just waiting to happen with this unexpected and likely unplanned matchup.
Record producer Damon Thomas—aka Kim Kardashian’s ex-husband—will serve as a guest mentor on the show to counsel and train the contestants…Funny story, Khloe Kardashian—aka Kim’s sister—is the new host on the show. We can’t wait for all the awkward encounters.
3. Lamar Had Other Plans: Khloe’s husband, Lamar Odom, had to miss his lady’s big live television debut next to her co-host Mario Lopez on Wednesday. His reasoning for being absent from the audience on Wednesday was the season opener for his NBA team the Los Angeles Clippers against the Memphis Grizzlies in L.A.
Khloe, on the other hand reportedly promised to rush over to the Staples Center to watch her beau play after taping.
2. Britney and Simon’s Homes Are F-A-K-E: That’s right, kids. It’s just a little TV magic for you.
According to reports, both of the houses were staged for the show. Not that doesn't mean they weren’t fabulous. Simon’s was actually the home of New York Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez.
The owner of Britney’s faux-pad is less clear, but it’s certainly doesn't belong to her, as the TV house is set on the scenic coast of Malibu and Brit’s actual house is in Calabasas with no ocean blue in sight…D’oh!
1. Better Than the Olympics: As we previously reported, Britney’s “X Factor” debut cranked at the social media gears of the Twitttersphere, shattering world records.
During the halfway point of the opening night, Britney’s name was mentioned 13,374 times a minute, earning 12.9 percent of all “X Factor”-related tweets.
This is significant as Ryan Lochte’s gold medal-earning 400M individual medley swim during the 2012 London games only earned 11,293 tweets per minute.