There must have been some unusual 'Paranormal Activity' at the box office this past weekend because the independent thriller made a killing in theaters. The movie, that only cost $15,000 to make, made over $22 million dollars and has already grossed over $62 million. That about a great return.
Thrillers were clearly a hit because 'Saw VI' came in at second with $14.8 million, while the family flick 'Where the Wild Things Are' rounded out the top three bringing in $14.4 million.
Here are the top 10 movies from the October 23-25th weekend:
1. Paranormal Activity: $22 million
2. Saw VI: $14.8 million
3. Where the Wild Things Are: $14.4 million
4. Law Abiding Citizen: $12.7 million
5. Couples Retreat: $11 million
6. Astro Boy: $7 million
7. The Stepfather: $6.5 million
8. Cirque Du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant: $6.3 million
9. Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs: $5.6 million
10. Zombieland: $4.3 million