Lately it seems like the Internet wants to throw Beyoncé under the bus for being a bad feminist BECAUSE SHE WORE A LEOTARD ON A MAGAZINE AND WAS SEXY or whatever.
Everyone needs to shut up, sit down, and stop calling out Beyoncé for "setting women’s rights back," because Queen Bey has been serving up feminism on a platter for as long as we can remember...
1. When she did the “Flawless” music video
2. When she said this:
3. And this:
4. When she ran the world
5. When she was just one of three very independent women
6. When she did NOT need a man to pay her bills
7. When she was just as much a soldier as ANY MAN
8. When she empathized with a man’s struggle
9. When she encouraged all women to embrace their innate, unmovable beauty
10. When she and her husband were complete equals on stage
11. When she emphasized that women can handle EVERYTHING
12. When she reminded us that women aren’t “bossy” and men are “bosses,” but that BOTH can be THE BOSS
13. Beyoncé is a feminist and all ye haters can take your think pieces elsewhere.