Barbara Palvin. biography
Barbara Palvin was born on October 8, 1993, in Budapest, Hungary, where she was first discovered while walking the streets with her mother at the age of 13. She later made her editorial debut in Spur Magazine in 2006 and moved to Asia to obtain substantial bookings. Her quick jump to success continued with gigs on the cover of Vogue Russia, L’Officiel, Jalouse Magazine, Elle France, Harper’s Bazaar Korea and Glamour Hungary while modeling for H&M, Pull and Bear, Armani Exchange and Victoria’s Secret.
In February 2010, Palvin made her runway debut in the Milan Fashion Week and has since bore ensembles from well-respected fashion houses, including Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Miu Miu, Julien Macdonald, Christopher Kane, Emanuel Ungaro, Jeremy Scott, Etro, Vivienne Westwood and Nina Ricci.
Barbara Palvin Boyfriend & Dating History Timeline
2010 – Present
Palvin and Hungarian business student Kristof Somfai began dating around 2010, but their relationship hit a large fan-screaming bump in the road following Palvin’s work obligation. While strutting down the runway at the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show on November 7, 2012, Palvin caught the eye of heartthrob Justin Bieber. Rumors that the two were stirring up a romance began after they were spotted out in NYC with friends attending the Broadway production of The Loin King. She quickly undermined the dating gossip via Twitter, tweeting:
“@BarbaraPalvin: last time im saying it. Please calm down. there is nothing going on w him. I met him and did a pic w him. wouldnt u do the same?:)”
Rumors that Bieber and his girl friend Selena Gomez were breaking up quickly followed and further the strengthened the speculations. When one of Palvin’s Twitter followers asked whether she and Kristof were still a couple on November 9, 2012, Palvin tweeted, “yes I am!”
Did You Know . . .
- Palvin’s agencies include, Ace Models, Tempo Models, IMG Models – New York, IMG Models: Paris, IMG Models – London, IMG Models – Milan, IMG Models – Barcelona & Madrid
- In February 2012, Palvin became an ambassador for L’Oreal Paris.
- Palvin is ranked #40 on models.com’s list of the “Top 50 Models Women.”
- Palvin is frequently compared to Russian model Natalia Vodianova.
- When asked why Palvin was chosen for a shoot, British Vogue editor Miranda Almond replied, “We chose Barbara because she is absolutely exquisite looking a cross between a young Brooke Shields and Natalia Vodianova.”
- Palvin’s favorite models are Natalia Vodianova and Kate Moss.
- According to her Facebook page, Palvin loves to watch soccer on TV as well as playing in the striker position. She also enjoys singing, manly traditional Hungarian folk songs, and is a huge fan of Japanese anime and mangas.