Ashley Olsen. biography
Ashley Olsen was born on June 13, 1986, in Sherman Oaks, California and first traveled over the hill to Hollywood alongside her twin sister Mary-Kate, making their acting debut as Michelle Tanner in the TV series Full House (1987-1995).
From there, the two little, aspiring actresses took over the family comedy genre and started their journey to success.
Ashley and Mary-Kate’s dominance started with starring roles in the family comedy It Takes Two (1995) and later as Ashley Burke in TV series Two of a Kind (1998-1999). They then starred in several TV movies such as Switching Goals (1999), Winning London (2001), Getting There (2002), When in Rome (2002) and The Challenge (2003).
In 2002, the two appeared in Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle prior to starring in New York Minute (2004) and earning their star on Hollywood’s Walk of Fame before shining in The Jerk Theory (2009).
Aside from acting, the twin sisters obtained a large amount of their wealth when they launched their Mary-Kate and Ashley fashion line for Walmart in 2001, ultimately resulting in over $400 million in sales by 2003.
Did you know...
- At age 6, she and Mary-Kate became the youngest producers in history.
- Has a bi-monthly magazine called Mary-Kate and Ashley Magazine.
- When she was young, she and Mary-Kate used to call their "Full House" co-stars by their characters names so they wouldn't mess them up during taping.
- She and her sister became the youngest self-made millionaires in American history before they were 10 years old.
- Her favorite city is Paris.
- May 2003: Ashley is named one of People’s Most Beautiful.
- April 2004: The twins get a star on Hollywood's Walk of Fame, recognizing their contribution to television.
- She donated many signed head-shots to Rocky Stone to be auctioned off to raise money to buy more toys for less fortunate kids as part of the Toy Mountain Campaign 2004.
- Ashley's favorite subject in school was math.
- February 2005: she filed a $40M libel suit against the "National Inquirer" for alleging her involvement in a drug scandal.
- Ashley was included on PETA's 2006 Worst Dressed list for wearing fur.
- Ranked #37 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2007 list. (She was listed alone, her sister Mary-Kate did not appear anywhere on the list).
- Feb 2007: The twenty-year-olds top Forbes' list of Young Hollywood's Top Earners and place 37th on Forbes' Most Powerful Celebrities list.
- Mary-Kate and Ashley hate people calling them “the Olsen Twins.”