It's sad, but, cheating is an all too common occurrence. Combine that with the limelight—where the public worships you, and your job often involves smooching with someone else—and cheating can get pretty ugly.
Why do celebrities cheat when they know they'll eventually get caught? "Men who cheat have probably been doing so a long time and just get caught," Dr. Charles Sophy, a Los Angeles based psychiatrist, tells Hollyscoop.
"They usually engage with someone of lesser power in order to continue the percieved feeling of control, which is also part of the high obtained from the cheating behavior in the first place."
With your help, we've put together a list of the top ten most shocking celebrity cheating scandals. See who struggled for our top spot!
10. Bill Clinton: Ah, the infamous blue dress. Guess they didn't have Tide Stain Remover pens back then.
9. Hugh Grant: Elizabeth Hurley just wasn't man enough for him. In 1995, Grant was arrested for soliciting transvestite prostitute Divine Brown.
8. Jude Law: Jude was caught cheating on Sienna Miller with his nanny. How original. They recently tried to get back together, but the romance fizzled out quickly.
7. Eddie Cibrian: She might not have been charged, but LeAnn Rimes committed grand theft when she started dating Eddie Cibrian. The affair soon went public, LeAnn engaged in a nasty feud with Cibrian's ex, and Rimes said, "I know I didn’t do it the right way." You think? They’re now married.
6. Peter Cook: Cook had an affair with a nineteen year-old and promised her he would leave Christie Brinkley for her. Did he promise her he'd go to the Sadie-Hawkins dance, too? Oh, and to make matters worse, when they divorced, Cook blamed Christie for his cheating, saying she didn't bang him enough at home.
5. Kobe Bryant: Kobe settled a lawsuit against and 19 year-old who claimed he raped her in a Colorado hotel room. Bryant said he thought it was consensual. His wife Vanessa stood by his side throughout the hearings…with the help of a new $4 million dollar diamond ring.
4. Brad Pitt: Brad Pitt pulled the ol' switcharoo when he left Jennifer Aniston after meeting Angelina Jolie on the set of Mr. and Mrs. Smith. I think Aniston has the last laugh, though, because Pitt and Jolie have to tell their kids, "mom and dad met on the set of one of the worst films ever made."
3. Jesse James: Perpetuating the curse of the Oscar, James and Bullock soon announced their divorce after Sandra took home best actress at the Academy Awards. It was then revealed that James cheated on Sandra, and in the coming months, when he was promoting his book, James suggested it was Sandra's fault he cheated.
2. Tiger Woods: Tiger was a close second. Interestingly enough, @theinvincibleMJ tweeted to Hollyscoop, "I live in the middle east…and I've only heard of tiger's scandal…SO tiger's scandal was bigger." Probably because Tiger has probably banged half of the women there.
1. Arnold Schwarzenegger: Arnold just has to be number one, because the story keeps getting more scandalous by the minute. He impregnated his maid, possibly in the same bed he impregnated his wife in. @BrownSquirrel put Arnold at number one "because he fathered a child & boy was born at almost same time as son he had with his wife - nasty & hid under same roof." Nasty indeed. Maria hired an unattractive maid, was giving it up at home, and that still didn't stop Arnold.