Last weekend, Maleficent made a huge splash at the box office thanks largely in part to the pitch-perfect casting of Angelina Jolie in the title role. Due to its success, you can expect to see future reboots of notorious Disney villains. In our dreams (or, uh, nightmares) these are the actors we're dying to see breathe new life into these characters.
1. Ursula, played by Queen Latifah
Queen Latifah’s got the sass, the presence, and of course, the voice to dominate in this role.
2. Cruella De Vil, played by Anna Wintour
Anna’s no stranger to wrapping herself up in fur.
3. Wicked Stepmother, played by Bea Arthur
In a posthumous role, the legendary "Golden Girl" would’ve been amazing as this character.
4. The Queen from Snow White, played by Olivia Wilde
Olivia’s got the piercing eyes and cheekbones to carry this part off easy.
5. Shan Yu, played by Jason Momoa
Sure, he’s got the muscle mass and sheer strength to fit this character’s physicality, but judging by his work as Khal Drogo on "Game of Thrones," he also has the talent to humanize a seemingly barbaric personality.
6. Captain Hook, played by Daniel Day-Lewis
DDL is a chameleon who can transform into anything.
7. Jafar, played by Oded Fehr
Oded played the good guy in The Mummy, but we think he could really unleash his darker side as a villain.
8. Gaston, played by Sebastian Stan
Sebastian’s been bulking up in the gym, so while he has that bod it’d be fun to see him leap from the Captain America series to some lighter fare that could also showcase his comedic talents.
9. Hades, played by Benedict Cumberbatch
We could totally see Benedict being both bad and charming as the god of the underworld. He’s already got that devilish smirk down to a science.
10. Claude Frollo, played by Tom Hiddleston
The villain from The Hunchback of Notre Dame requires a talent who could not just dive into a character, but also surprise us with his choices as an actor. The same treatment he gave to Marvel’s Loki.
11. Doctor Facilier, played by Prince
The Princess and the Frog’s bad guy is perfect for The Purple One. After all, he has the stomach for the costumes (not to mention, he also probably already has the costumes).
12. Governor Ratcliffe, played by Eric Stonestreet
He's everyone’s favorite character on "Modern Family," but this could be an opportunity for Eric to do a complete 180 from his TV persona.
13. Prince Hans, played by Eddie Redmayne
Eddie’s already proved he has the pipes for Frozen’s bad guy (see Les Misérables), but he’s also got the charm, red hair, and bone structure.