The Golden Globes are the best kind of awards show. Everyone is drunk. Nobody takes it THAT seriously. And we don’t have to be burdened with an annoying musical opening number.
Whether it was Jennifer Lawrence taking a cheap (but funny) shot at Meryl Streep's loss or Amy Poehler putting James Cameron on blast, these are the best LOL moments from the Golden Globes.
1) “Everyone here is worthy of these awards, but not you Daniel Day Lewis, anyone can grow a beard,” - Sacha Baron Cohen
2) “I beat Meryl” – Jennifer Lawrence, after winning Best Actress in a Comedy or Musical, a category in which Meryl “I win everything” Streep was also nominated.
3) "Russell Crowe spent four months doing singing lessons, that was money well spent,” – Sacha Baron Cohen, trying to hide a sarcastic smirk and taking aim at Russell Crowe’s less than stellar voice in “Les Miserables.”
4) “When it comes to torture, I trust the lady who spent three years married to James Cameron.”—Amy Poehler, accurately describing Kathryn Bigelow and James Cameron’s marriage.
5) “Meryl Streep is not here tonight. She has the flu, I hear she's amazing in it.”—Tina Fey.
6) “That was Hilary Clinton’s husband!” –Amy Poehler, on President Bill Clinton’s unexpected appearance.
7) “Look how drunk Glenn Close is.”—Tina Fey, with a handful of scotch nearby…
8) “You know what, Taylor Swift, you stay away from Michael J. Fox’s son!”—Tina Fey, being super accurate.