A cold case involving Amanda Bynes is being re-examined in light of the actress' newest automobile drama.
Prosecutors have decided to re-examine a hit-and-run case involving Bynes that happened earlier this year. The development comes as a result of a new case accusing the 26-year-old of yet another hit-and-run that happened earlier this month.
Hollyscoop spoke with City Attorney spokesperson, Frank Mateljan, about the matter.
"Both of Amanda Bynes’ hit and run cases are under review right now,” said Mateljan. “I cannot say that we re-opened the original hit-and-run case, because it was never closed.”
As of right now, the City Attorney is reviewing Byne’s record before moving forward with charges.
“We are reviewing both cases with the LAPD and CHP, so both incidents are under investigation at this time,” said Mateljan. “She has not been charged with anything as of yet.
TMZ broke the story that the City Attorney’s office is currently re-looking at the case.
The re-examined case in question happened back in April when a victim of a hit-and-run accused the now retired actress of smashing into their vehicle with a rental car and fleeing the scene. The accusation came after the victim later ID’d Amanda from a photo lineup.
Amanda’s current hit-and-run case that this little tidbit of history is getting dragged into is tied to an accident that happened on August 4.
A woman by the name of Kisa is accusing Bynes of rear-ending her car on Ventura Boulevard in the San Fernando Valley. According to Kisa, Bynes refused to exchange insurance information and left the scene before authorities arrived.
“No dates have been set for arraignment or anything else with Amanda at this time," said Mateljan.