More bad news for Amanda Bynes today…
Following the recent reports that the former Nickelodeon actress was being accused of yet another hit-and-run, police believe that there is enough evidence in order to place a charge against her.
In case you’re having trouble keeping track of the complete collection of Amanda’s traffic violations this year, the hit-in-run in question occurred on August 4 when a woman by the name of Kisa accused the actress of rear-ending her Toyota Corolla on Ventura Boulevard and fleeing the scene.
Hollyscoop has confirmed with Los Angeles Police Department’s Officer Larkin, who is assigned to the case, that the case against Bynes will move forward.
"After gathering facts for the case, there is substantial evidence that Amanda Bynes committed a hit-and-run,” Officer Larkin said in a statement.
In addition, he tells Hollyscoop he had spoken with both Amanda and Kisa last week but the details of those conversations could not be revealed. They will, however, be included in the court record.
According to Officer Larkin, the LAPD will send the case over to prosecutors at the City Attorney’s office early next week who will determine if the actress will be charged.
The alleged hit-and-run took place on August 4. The near two-week gap between accusation and potential charge can be attributed to the high caseload that the LAPD deals with on a regular basis.
“It took so long because we get 18,000 traffic accidents a month and over half of them are hit-and-run,” Officer Larkin said. “This case did not take precedence over any of them.”
Bynes has been accused of a series other traffic-related offenses in the past six months, including a DUI that she was arrested for and plead “not guilty” to on April 6 of this year.
When the responding officer was interviewing Kisa on August 5 about Bynes as a potential suspect, he reportedly asked the victim, “Didn't she just get a DUI?”