Current Miss USA 2011 winner and New Jersey Native, Alyssa Campanella is not your typical Jersey Shore type. Here are the 5 things you didn’t know about Miss USA 2011.
5. She has been modeling since she was 16, she was the face of Wet N Wild cosmetics in 2009 and has modeled for numerous brands including Nordstroms, Tillys, and Macys. She has even modeled for the covers of various romance and thriller novels. When she’s not winning USA pageants you can catch her in your local grocery store romance novel aisle.
4. She volunteers. She has worked with UNICEF for several years, in 2005 she raised over $2200 for the victims of Hurricane Katrina. In 2007 she was named an honorary UNICEF ambassador.
3. She is dating semi-famous actor Torrance Coombs, most known for his role on Showtime’s “The Tudors.” I guess he cried when she was crowned Miss USA because he tweeted, “I am a puddle.” In her promo video for the Miss USA competition she said she actually met him on twitter. Love at first hashtag? Whatever.
2. She tweets. That was a given, who doesn’t? Most of her tweets are about the hockey team, the Vancouver Canucks. Literally, 1/3 of her tweets are devoted to hockey. The other 2/3 are tweeting about needing Starbucks and going to photoshoots.
1. She claims she loves to cook and bake and would love to meet Cake Boss’s Buddy Valastro, “I love to make cakes, and he’s Italian and he acts like I do in the kitchen, so I think we would mesh well.”