Adriana Lima. biography
Adriana Lima was born on June 12, 1981 in Salvador, Bahia, Brazil. At the age of 15, Adriana took first place in Brazil's Ford Supermodel of the World Search. Adriana finished in second place in the 1996 Ford Supermodel of the World contest. At the age of 18, Adriana moved to New York City and signed with Elite Model Management.
Adriana has appeared in numerous editions of Vogue and Marie Claire. In addition, she has worked the runway for designers like Vera Wang, Giorgio Armani, Ralph Lauren as well as many others. Most notably, Adriana is known for her work as a Victoria Secret model. In 2003, she appeared in a Victoria's Secret Angel commercial with legendary rocker Bob Dylan. In 2007 and 2008, Adriana was ranked the fourth highest paid supermodel.
In 2012, Adriana became the spokesperson and face of the Turkish clothing company Mavi Jeans and was later named the face of the clothing brand Desigual in July 2013.
Did you know…
- Adriana is a strict Catholic.
- She is of African, Swiss and Indian ethnicity.
- GQ magazine named her the "World's Most Voluptuous Virgin."
- She's a spokeswoman for Maybelline cosmetics.
- Adriana had her first kiss at 17.
- Her nickname is "LimaBean"
- She is fluent in Portuguese, Spanish and English.
- She has a pierced belly button.